Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's this all about?



I'm unemployed.

Let's call it "in transition." I've heard that quite often, and it sounds a heck of a lot better.

I'm in transition. There...better.

Regardless, it still means I have no job. Let me tell you the story of how that came to be. The summer after my freshman year in high school (age 15), I got a job. I actually had 2 jobs. That summer, I worked from 10-2 and 4-10 five or six days per week. Since then, I haven't stopped working. Even through college, I had a job. For a few years, I had 2 jobs. I was a busy guy. Most recently, I was working full time and going to grad school. You could even say that was equivalent to 2 full-time jobs. Then, on January 29 2010, after an overly hectic Open Enrollment season at the end of 2009 involving new implementations, lots of late nights, and East and West Coast travel, I was downsized. 2 short weeks later, I completed my MBA studies at Loyola University Chicago and was without a job of any type for the first time in nearly 17 years, thus beginning my HR job search.

Alas, with unemployment in Chicago over 11.3%, higher than the national average, I'm exploring - and exploiting - every method out there to find my next role. Facebook, Twitter, various types of networking, alumni associations, harassing family, friends, former colleagues, fellow students, and now a blog. 

So please, share my information with anyone and everyone you know. These days, it's not what you know - it's who you know. I'm happy to talk to anyone and everyone. 

A little about me:  I'm an MBA-level HR professional (with Beta Gamma Sigma honors), with over 7 years of experience in benefits, HRIS, outsourcing administration, consulting, and employee relations expertise gained through work at a boutique HR & benefits consulting firm and a nationwide Fortune 500 life insurance sales agency. My demonstrated skills include team and relationship building, project management, operations, and oral and written communication. I'm looking for an opportunity in HR with a growth-oriented organization that will offer challenges in a variety of HR facets - such as a Manager or Generalist role.  

Please see what others have to say about me on my LinkedIn site: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathankrass

For a copy of my resume, feel free to email me at MyHRJobSearch at Gmail.com

Stay tuned for the good, the bad, and the ugly as I soldier through My HR Job Search.


1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, Jonathon. Very proactive! I'm sure a great job is right around the corner. I'll keep my ear to the ground...

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete